08/11/2020 0 Comments
Industrial Security Solutions: Benefits of Chain Link Fences With Automatic Gates
Quality perimeter fencing can provide security for your employees and help you protect your assets. It can also offer you access and traffic control. Here are the benefits of choosing a chain link fence with an automatic gate system for your commercial or industrial property.
What are the advantages of chain link fencing?
- Robust security. Industrial chain link fences are made of galvanized steel and act as an effective barrier against vehicles and intruders. For extra security, the fence can be built tall and topped with barbed wire or razor ribbon.
- Low maintenance. Galvanized chain-link fences require basically no maintenance. They remain clean, are rust-proof and can be easily repaired if damage occurs.
- Low cost. Chain link is an inexpensive fencing option thanks to the low cost of materials and installation. Moreover, thanks to its durability, quality chain link fencing is a good investment that will stand the test of time.
Why choose an automatic gate system for your chain link fence?
A simple latch gate is sufficient for most residential properties. However, in industrial and commercial contexts, an automatic gate presents a number of advantages, including:
- Greater convenience. With an automatic gate system, staff and clients can enter and exit your property without leaving their vehicles, saving them time and allowing them to stay warm and dry in stormy and wintry weather.
- Improved traffic flow. An automatic gate helps prevent bottlenecking at peak hours, such as at the beginning and end of the workday.
- Lower labour costs. With an automated gate, there’s no need to have a staff member man the gate to physically open and close it.
- Improved security. Automatic gate systems equipped with access control features such as card and intercom entry allow you to control and monitor who comes and goes.
What automation options are available for chain link gates?
Chain link gates are typically configured to slide open (though swing gates are available too). One option is a rolling gate, which has wheels and glides along the ground. An alternative possibility is a cantilever gate, which is a type of raised gate that slides along the fence without touching the ground. One advantage of a cantilever gate is its operation isn’t affected by uneven ground or snow buildup.
Does Your Facility Need an Automatic Gate System?
Duraguard Fence installs robust, secure chain link fencing and automatic gate systems in Edmonton, Fort Mac, Bonnyville and across Alberta. Contact us for more information about our fence products and services today.