11/02/2021 0 Comments
Pool Fences: A Must-Have Feature with Multiple Design Options
If you want to install a pool in your yard, putting in a fence or gate must be a part of your plan. As a pool owner, it’s your responsibility to make sure your backyard doesn’t become a safety hazard.
Here’s what you should know about installing fences around above and below ground pools.
Why You Need to Install a Fence Around Your Pool
- Pool Fences Ensure Safety
The most important reason to get a fence installed around your pool is to ensure it doesn’t become the site of an accidental drowning. Your pool can become a tempting playground for neighbourhood children and pets, so it’s critical to ensure that this safety feature is in place.
- Pool fences provide privacy
Backyard fences have the added benefit of providing homeowners with privacy. The right fence will allow you to enjoy swimming and hosting pool parties without the nuisance of being watched by nosy neighbours.
- Pool fences are regulated
Many jurisdictions have specific requirements for the height and design of fences surrounding private pools. The minimum height in most municipalities is six feet. This restriction is intended to deter anyone from climbing your fence and entering your pool. Do you know the laws in your area? If not, you’ll need to find out. Alternatively, you can simply hire a fencing contractor who’s familiar with the bylaws in your area.
Pool Fencing Comes in Versatile Styles
A pool fence may be mandatory, but there are a range of design options to enhance not only the safety and privacy of your private pool but the overall look and feel of your backyard oasis. Here are some possibilities:
- Chain-link. This is a simple, easy to install fencing option that’s affordable and easy to maintain. Chain-link fencing comes in a variety of colours and will last a long time. Add easy to clean PVC slats for privacy.
- Wood. The most traditional fencing material, wood fences are easy to install and can add charm and elegance to your yard. Wood requires more maintenance than other types of fences (paint, stain, etc.) as chemicals from the pool can damage an unprotected fence.
- Vinyl. It may be a bit more expensive to install, but a vinyl fence is easy to clean and maintain and can provide the look and feel of a wood fence.
- Ornamental iron. The durability and elegance of this type of fencing can’t be beaten. While it does require a more substantial upfront investment, with the right maintenance this fence will last for decades to come.
Custom Backyard Pool Fencing Installation and Supplies in Alberta
If you need a fence for your pool, contact the professionals at Duraguard Fence Ltd. Our experienced professionals build fences for residential and commercial clients in Edmonton, Bonnyville, Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, Red Deer and surrounding communities. We know the local regulations and can offer you various attractive fencing options. We can even build, design and install a custom fence and gate. Contact us today to schedule an appointment to discuss your project or to learn more about our products and services.